March 21, 2014
Party Central is a Pixar short film based on the characters of Monsters University. After being premiered at the 2013 D23 Expo, it was released with the theatrical release of Muppets Most Wanted on March 21, 2014.
PlotMike and Sulley are back at Monsters University for a fun-filled weekend with their Oozma Kappa fraternity brothers. The gang is throwing their first party, but no one’s showing up. Luckily for them, Mike and Sulley have come up with a plan to make sure “Party Central” is the most epic party the school has ever seen.
- Mike Wazowski
- James P. Sullivan
- Scott "Squishy" Squibbles
- Don Carlton
- Terri and Terry Perry
- Sheri Squibbles
- Johnny Worthington III
- Chet Alexander
- John Goodman: James P. "Sulley" Sullivan
- Billy Crystal: Mike Wazowski
- Dave Foley: Terry
- Sean Hayes: Terri
- Joel Murray: Don Carlton
- Peter Sohn: Scott "Squishy" Squibbles
- Julia Sweeney: Ms. Squibbles
- Nathan Fillion: Johnny Worthington III
- Bobby Moynihan: Chet Alexander
- Colleen O'Shaughnessey: Sheri Squibbles
Party Central was made to be included on the home video release of Monsters University, but was given a theatrical release instead. The short premiered at the D23 Expo 2013. It was set to be released with the theatrical release of The Good Dinosaur, but after The Good Dinosaur was pushed back to November 2015, there had been no official word on when the short would be released. On January 7, 2014, it was announced that it would be released theatrically with Muppets Most Wanted.
Party Central has received a PG rating from the MPAA for "some reckless behavior", unlike the two Monsters, Inc. films which are both rated G. It is Pixar's first PG-rated short.
- D23 Expo: ‘Monsters University’ Short Announced, Will Be Attached To ‘The Good Dinosaur’
- Disney to showcase new Pixar short 'Party Central' in front of 'Muppets Most Wanted' - EXCLUSIVE
- Just Released: First Look at Party Central Short
- “Animation Fascination” Episode 47: Monsters University Orientation with Chris Chua and Austin Madison
- 'Need for Speed', 'Blended', 'Enemy' and 'Party Central' in Today's MPAA Ratings Bulletin